Professional continual care services can take a burden off of family members and ensure that the patient still receives the quality care that he or she needs. If you have a loved one who needs continual care, you may be exploring options, such as nursing homes and 24-hour care. For many people, 24-hour care remains one of the best options..
Here's a bit of information about 24-hour care to help you can better understand what it entails.
What is 24-hour care?
24-hour care may or may not include a live-in medical professional. Often, with 24-hour care, a medical staff worker comes in for a specified number of hours before being relieved by another worker. The entire period of care, however, is continuous.
Who is usually a good candidate for 24-hour care?
People who are independent and able to complete their daily tasks unassisted do not usually need 24-hour care. Instead, 24-hour care is usually reserved for people who benefit from round-the-clock assistance. In addition, this type of care is suitable for a patient who needs continual care but desires to continue living at home.
There are multiple conditions that can make it necessary for a person to have continual help and medical supervision. Here are a few of them:
- Multiple sclerosis
- Dementia or Alzheimer's
- Advanced stages of cancer
- Partial paralysis
- Dependence on an oxygen tank
What are the advantages of 24-hour care?
24-hour care offers several advantages, such as the following:
- The cost of 24-hour care is usually less than the expense of a nursing facility.
- Temporary 24-hour care can be offered so that family members or other caregivers can take a break or go on vacation.
- A patient who may wander off or is prone to a fall receives round-the-clock oversight.
- The patient can be transported to d
- The patient can remain at home if he or she does not desire to live in an assisted living facility.
- octor's appointments without having to call a cab or other transportation provider.
- Healthy meals that match the patient's medical needs are offered.
- Daily medication can be taken without missed or inaccurate dosages.
24-hour care can be a great option for patients who are elderly or require assistance because of a degenerative condition. it allows them to remain in the comfort of their own home without sacrificing quality care. To learn more about this type of care, contact a 24-hour care provider in your area. For more information, contact companies like Accu-Care Nursing Service Inc.